1. Will my dog never need another anesthetic dental?
No! Dental disease is progressive and it is important to have a good collaboration between anesthetic and non-anesthetic dentals.
2. How quickly does tartar re-accumulate?
It is very case-specific, but we recommend having teeth cleaned every 1-3 months.
3. What is the best way to prevent dental disease?
The only way to prevent dental disease is with frequent brushing and professional exams.
4. Will toys and treats keep my dog from getting tartar?
No, absolutely not! Brushing is the only adequate way of slowing down tartar accumulation.
5. Do I need to brush the inside of my pet's teeth?
Yes it is important, because pets do accumulate tartar there. Brush as much as your animal will allow and check with your technician for brushing tips.